We’d like to reassure you that at Sir Francis Hill that we have taken the situation of COVID-19 very seriously and will continue to do so now restrictions and testing conditions have been lifted.
What’s the current situation?
- We continue to follow any guidance given from various agencies.
- We no longer have a separate COVID19 Risk Assessment in place but will reconsider this if things change and we are guided to do so.
- The easing of restrictions means that there is no longer a legal requirement to isolate, however, if staff or children are ill with COVID and are not fit to attend school, we will ask them not to.
What we’re doing to protect and support pupils and staff in school
- Children and staff continue to be encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly at regular points during the day. We have hand sanitiser pumps in various places in school. We also have outdoor sinks with hot running water.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the premises as has been through the whole period of time.
What we need you to do
- If you’ve recently changed your contact details, please inform the school office immediately with the updated details by calling 01522 520359 or emailing email@example.com
- Your child should attend school unless they feel unwell. COVID symptoms remain the same:
- a high temperature – this means they feel hot to touch on their chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if they usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means they have noticed they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have any questions
Please consult the:
- School. Call 01522 520359 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS, if you want to know more about the symptoms of COVID19 Coronavirus. If you think you or your child may have the symptoms, use NHS 111 online if at all possible before calling 111.
As ever, thank you for your continued support. We are very proud of the way in which our children have shown true resilience throughout this and you, as parents, have played the biggest part in this.
Sir Francis Hill