An exciting development at 2022-2023 is the introduction of Sir Francis Hill’s School Council. We have previously had a School Parliament, however, we have relaunched this. The children from Y1-Y6 will be involved and have had an assembly (2nd of November) to introduce this. We are currently in the ‘Voting’ stage and will be able to tell you who the Members of School Council will be very soon.
The key ideas for School Council:
- The council will be ‘split’ into two, ‘Leaders of Learning’ and ‘Champions of change’.
- We will hold meetings at least once per month.
What we want members of the Council to do?
- Be ambassadors for the school at important events.
- Identify what your class thinks about issues and give feedback at meetings.
- Improve parts of the school that are a priority.
- Help organise events.
- Decide on action points for improvements.
What qualities we are looking for?
Commitment to the school
Attendance at all meetings
Able to communicate well with
children and adults
Be a good listener!
Leaders of Learning
Champions of Change